Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of the Imperial Cities. Discover the abundant imprints left by ancient civilizations. The journey takes you through thousand-year-old repositories for the passions that played a pivotal role in the Kingdom’s past. Your royal treatment begins with welcome by your private driver upon your arrival at Casablanca. After a brief tour of the highlights of Casablanca, travel by private car to Rabat, Morocco’s present-day capital and principal royal residence. Recuperate from your travels amid the trees and flowers of the city’s tranquil gardens or its fabulous beaches. Overnight in the shadow of the Royal Palace. In the morning, depart for Meknes, a former capital whose medina walls are adorned with exquisite gates considered among the best preserved in the Islamic world.
Then on to Fez, the intellectual and religious heart of the nation, for a few days of exploration. Tour Fez el-Bali (” Fez the Old”) and its medieval medina (old town), a UNESCO world heritage site crammed with narrow, winding streets, tiny squares, and artisan workshops. Visit centuries-old mosques and universities, see the multi-colored vats of the open-air tanneries, and shop for traditional wares made from copper, ceramics, and leather. Also visit Fez el-Djedid (” Fez the New”), built in the 13th century. Admire Fez’s Royal Palace and mellah (Jewish Quarter), the largest in Morocco. Excursions to the countryside reveal the near-perfectly preserved ruins of Volubilis, a thriving Roman settlement until the 4th century. Just beyond Volubilis lies the holy city of Moulay Idriss, a scenic whitewashed town where the first Arab dynasty was founded in 787 AD.
Continue to Marrakesh, an ancient city of weathered pink buildings and orange groves at the base of the Atlas Mountains. Tour the fascinating local souks (markets), palaces, gardens, and monuments. See the Djemaa el-Fna, a carnivalesque public square where water sellers, snake charmers, magicians, and storytellers compete for an audience. Stroll through the Jardin Majorelle, stunning gardens created by French painter Jacques Majorelle in the 1920s and now maintained by Yves St. Laurent; the Palais de la Bahia; the Dar Si Said Museum of Moroccan Arts; the Palmerie and the beautiful Jardin Menara, with its reflecting pools surrounded by a large grove of olive trees. Browse the city’s most stylish shops and galleries, and dine in charming gardens and stunning former palaces. Take an excursion to the nearby Atlas Mountains to visit a local family for a unique perspective. Relax in a traditional hammam (steam bath).
Accommodations on this Morocco imperial tour:
- Private guided travel with English-speaking driver (not a group tour)
- Itinerary can be customized based on your interest and budget. Also, you can lengthen or shorten the trip.
- Departs daily year-round on private basis
- Designed for luxury Class (5* accommodation and services).
- Group discounts available
- 9-day trip begins in Casablanca and ends in Marrakesh
- 8 nights luxury-class and best-available hotels or riads
- Activities: cultural connections, UNESCO World Heritage sites, exploration, stunning Berber villages, seaside towns, Atlas mountains, meet Berbers and Touaregs, souks and shopping, handicraft production, formal gardens, holy sites, Roman ruins, historical sites, sightseeing, hiking, walking, trekking, authentic local culture
- Activity level: Easy to Challenging, depending on your preference.